Spirit of the Spey
Blending Open Canoeing on the River Spey with exclusive Malt Whisky Tasting Experiences
Facilitated by the Spey’s most experienced River Guide ~ who has intimate knowledge of this iconic Scottish river and its famous malt whiskies.
Why Choose Spirit of the Spey?
- Memorable Canoe Journeys through stunning Scottish Highland scenery
- Paddle your craft through the Cairngorms National Park, Highlands & Morayshire.
- Become immersed in the beauty of Strathspey, Scotland.
- Experience the True Spirit of the majestic River Spey whilst paddling an open canoe through picturesque Strathspey
- Once navigated by coracles or currachs and for floating rafts of logs to shipyards at Spey Bay. the Spey is Scotland’s most natural water path, ideal for canoe touring
- Close encounters with wildlife: animals ~ birds ~ the iconic wild Atlantic salmon
- Get to know the people and the social & natural history of the River Spey
- An iconic, world famous salmon fishing river ~ witness anglers displaying the skilful art of ‘Spey Casting’
- Unique opportunities to gain deep insight into Speyside malt whiskies
- Exclusive distillery tours and intimate malt whisky tastings
- “Come and Try It” ~ Canoe Coaching Days available throughout the year
- Bespoke corporate event Days/Journeys
For me it was and still is one of the best experiences of my life, I have travelled far and wide and spent a great deal more on other 'experiences' but none match up. Not just my thoughts ~ all the guys on the last trip echo that.
Back to work now. Was this only yesterday? Thanks again for another great trip (with osprey, otter and dolphins as extras).
Brilliant fun and when it came to being back at work it was fantastic to "see" the river. Stress buster or what??
Although I've not been on the Spirit of Spey canoe trip, I have had the privilege of canoeing on the river with Dave. He's always full of fun and knowledge. He tells many stories of the area as you pass by. Great day, lots of info and scrummy food is provided. Everyone should try it at least once!
Consummate story teller helped group live + breathe + sense + taste the spirit of the Spey. Exceeded the expectations of ALL the seasoned travellers he had that day.
He delivered a magical journey, history and culture - river, bagpipes greeting us and exclusive Balvenie tasting - Bliss!
Most excellent Malt Whisky tasting and canoe trip on the Day of Adventure with Dave Craig
Met in the Parking Lot and brought me to experience a great moment of whisky spirit in a yurt in the edge of the Spey river + music. A Scottish moment I will remember.
The queue of children plus friends wanting to come next year or earlier is getting longer and longer. 8 so far....
Dave went so far above and beyond the call of duty on our Day of Adventure trip. He personally connected with everyone, provided us with a delicious homemade lunch and an incredibly unique whisky tasting experience. His love for the area was infectious and his hospitality outstanding!
He very generously taught us a great deal about local culture which enhanced our appreciation of Cairngorms and Scotland
|1st to 6th June 2015||5-Day Classic Spey Descent|
|Future Events||Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival ~ 1st to 5th May followed by Whisky Stramash, Edinburgh ~ 24th & 25th May|
Coaching-Days Prices starting at £75 p.p.
We offer a flexible range of dates, simply let Dave know the best time for you and perhaps a Journey can be set up.
- Fri, 27 Sep 2013
Lifting The Spirit ~ The Grain Train
- Thu, 12 Sep 2013
The lovely summer of 2013
- Fri, 31 May 2013
WHISKY STRAMASH ~ SURGEONS’ HALL ~ EDINBURGH ~ MAY 2013